Your community isNot your community?
Money Market Accounts
Earn a higher rate than regular savings, plus enjoy easy access to your funds via checks, e-@ccess, TeleService, or unlimited transactions by ATM card or in person. (Up to six restricted transactions per month; $10 per transaction thereafter.)
ULTIMATE MONEY MARKET—Earn more
- Tiered interest rates higher than regular Money Market.
- $25,000 opening and minimum balance—low $10 monthly fee waived with minimum balance.
- 24/7 account access.
MONEY MARKET—Keeps your funds liquid
Earn a great rate while keeping your money available.
- Just a $1,000 opening balance and tiered interest rates.
- Low $10 monthly fee waived with $1,000 minimum balance.
- 24/7 account access.
Set your goals. Find your account. And start saving.
SAVER’S RESERVE—Standard savings account
- Low $25 minimum balance to open.
- $25 minimum balance waives the $2 monthly fee (waived on minor accounts).
- Link to your checking account to protect from accidental overdrafts; $5 per transfer.
- Make unlimited in-person withdrawals. ($5 per electronic transfer in excess of six per month).
SUPERSTAR SAVINGS ACCOUNT—Just for kids
- Earn a higher rate than regular savings on balances up to $1,000.
- No minimum opening or monthly balance requirements.
- No monthly service fees.
- Make unlimited in-person withdrawals. ($5 per electronic transfer in excess of six per month.)
HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT (HSA)—Savings for medical expenses
- Just $25 deposit opens account.
- Monthly service fee of $3 waived with a minimum balance of $2,500.
- Unlimited debit card access.
- Check access ($2 fee/month if one or more checks clear).
Savings you can trust.
When you save at AmericanWest Bank, your deposits are fully insured up to $250,000 per depositor by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, an independent agency of the federal government.
If your balances exceed $250,000, please visit with one of our personal bankers to determine the best solution for you. Or, you can go to the FDIC website and use the Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator (EDIE) to calculate the insured coverage on your accounts. Visit www.FDIC.gov and look for the EDIE calculator.
Questions? Ask the team.
Our Eastern Washington and North Idaho team is here to help.Get In Touch
“How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?”
Find out how much interest you can save by paying an additional amount with your mortgage payment. The additional amount will reduce the principal on your mortgage, as well as the total amount of interest you will pay, and the number of payments.Calculate Now »
“How much do I need to save for college?”
This calculator computes the amount you need to save each month in order to pay for college.Calculate Now »
“How can I save a million dollars?”
This calculator tells you how much you need to save each month to accumulate a million dollars.Calculate Now »
“How much could I save over time?”
Use this calculator to compute the total amount you would be able to save with monthly deposits.Calculate Now »
“How much should I save each month?”
Use this calculator to figure out the monthly deposit amount needed to reach a savings goal.Calculate Now »
“How much do I need to fund my retirement?”
Use this calculator to find out how much money you must have in your savings account to make recurring withdrawals of a specified amount.Calculate Now »